Sunday, 27 July 2014

Week 1

Thursday: Left home and loved ones with three days travelling in front of me.

Friday: Left Manchester for Frankfurt. Left frankfurt, flew over my home in Glasgow and across the Atlantic Ocean, with a path over Greenland which was outstanding and spent the night in detroit.
Flying over Greenland

The windows were all freezing over

Sights like this helped the journey go faster

Saturday: Flew into Minneapolis and drove 5 and a half hours up to my final destination - the Points Unknown off grid homestead. Beautiful.
Over Minneapolis, MN

The side of the house and kennels

The back of the house
Sunday - Sunday: I've spent heaps of time looking after and just cuddling the dogs and have loved getting to know all of them. They can be beautiful but also super goofy! 







Phoenix 'cuddles' up to Zala...

We've been busy building a fenced in area the house dogs can go out in with less danger from the local wildlife and although its hard work its very satisfying to build something functional. It's hot in the bug suits though!
 We've been up to Canada and seen some amazing scenery on the way.


I had been told that there was a huge amount of wildlife here; bears, wolves and moose bigger than draft horses. This morning while we were eating breakfast Linda suddenly noticed a wolf just walking through the yard. It was beautiful but very close to us and the dogs. Because of this we had to run out and shout and shot the shotgun into the air to try and scare it away. It was an unreal experience. Shortly after I went searching for tracks to see where it came from and the size of its paws. It came from the trail I walk the dogs on! 
Wolf prints in the yard!

2 comments:

  1. What are you doing there Claire? Apart from caring for dogs obviously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) My title is 'Dog Handler'. So I am in charge of feeding, exercising, brushing, cuddling, walking and making sure all the dogs are as happy as can be. When the winter comes I'll also be trained how to mush and lead a dog team out on the sleds so that I can help with the tours. I also have a part time job in a restaurant/shop/cafe/grocery/liquor store all in one in town so I'm always busy!

      Delete